in the Grip of Gratitude
Only 34% of American adults say they are truly happy. How can we cultivate this elusive happiness? Perhaps if we reflected on the joys in our lives. In other words, what are you grateful for?
the state of being grateful; thankfulness
There's a movement on Facebook. Yep, I know, I'm so over Facebook, too. Considering it gets more face time from me than my "'job" of teaching yoga. (Any other yoga teachers out there spending more time promoting their classes than teaching them? Or is it just me?) I'm turning the corner... and even finding gratitude for social networks.... here's why:
The movement: A Month Of Gratitude. A friend, (we're virtual facebook friends, anyway) is opening a yoga studio called Gratitude Yoga. She created this thankfulness event. And, it's spreading... invited me and a few friends...I invited a few friends...then, they invited a few... then their friends have invited a few.... now there are hundreds of us who are showing their gratitude. It's viral, in a good way.
So what are you waiting for? Join me in dedicating the month of November to everything that we are grateful for. It's never too late to start.
Each day list 5 things that you are grateful for. They can be anything! Tell your friends and watch your gratitude grow...
5 things I'm grateful for today:
1. the best night's sleep I’ve had in a month or more (could have been a post-Halloween sugar coma and/or lingering bliss from an extraordinary, serendipitous weekend)
2. donated 2 huge bags of candy to a local dentist paying $1 a lb. (what's he gonna do with it? sounds suspect to me)
3. friends rallying around my 40th birthday party.... the event has gotten a bit out of hand... the latest addition to the party... an artist will create larger than life... well, now, wouldn't you like to know? you'll just have come to the party to find out!
4. great music, check out this song by Aloe Blacc "Green Lights"
5. my sons. they hung the moon, as far as I'm concerned.
Here’s to a month of gratitude!