Well-being is something that someone must choose for themselves. My belief is that whatever motivates you to move your body is a good thing... whether you go to a big mega gym, find a personal trainer, a yoga class in the park, run with a group of friends who encourage you, gardening, walk or ride your bike, it just doesn't matter... simply move. Move your body in a way that speaks to you. When find something you love... do it! Doesn't offend me, if yoga or pilates is not your thing. I do encourage folks to give it more than one try... you never know (see the last blog post). In the end, it's not what kind of yoga (or fitness) you do that matters, it's doing what you're passionate about consistently -- that's what will matter. What brings you to JOY?
|boot camp sangha meets yoga sangha|
1. Andrew learned to ride his bike without training wheels yesterday! Joy of accomplishment on his face was beyond words.
2. Nathan's delight with finding more Smarties than any other candy in his goodie bag from a fun fair.
3. Got an email from a student who shared a story about how class this week helped her through a tough situation with family.
4. PY (planet yoga) community: a blessing. Entrusting me to do things I never imagined I would get to do.
5. I'm going to India... I N D I A! It's add-on to the life list. And, I can afford to buy new clothes to take with me to India and plan to leave them there.
6. Friends. Who I know love me... even when they're to busy to call or have coffee... and friends who extend grace to me when I appear to be too busy to call or have coffee. (I'm really not that busy... I'm probably at Starbucks now, if you want to come on. ; ))
In joy & gratitude.